Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Taxi No More

This is Kathleen on her first day
of school with her new Car!!



Today, for the first time in 20 years, I did not have to take anyone to school. Since I am not driving, I felt obligated to get up and do the good mom thing and actually make breakfast for my family. This might be a near first, also. Kathleen got waffles and Otto (the rotten Rottweiler) got the rest.

I was not sure what to do with/for myself with all the extra time, so I celebrated by getting my eyebrows waxed. They threw in those little goat hairs on my chin and upper lip just for good measure. It seems that about the time men start losing their hair, we start growing more and because our eyesight has dimmed somewhat over the last 10 years, we can’t see it. You know it is time to do something when your child reaches across the dinner table and yanks a hair out of your upper lip about the length of an eyelash!! When you have hair ripped out by the roots in large chunks, the surrounding skin loses all feeling. I have been walking around with the top of my face feeling like I have just been through a Botox jamboree. Never actually having had Botox, I just have to guess that this is what it feels like. Afterword, with the colored brow gel, I came home looking like Betty Davis or Joan Crawford. Time for a good scrubbing.

This afternoon, I have been looking at my watch, wondering when to get Kathleen from school. Then I realized a) I don’t have a watch – only pieces of watches – I just call time 467-8463; and b) Kathleen can drive herself. So Taxi4umom is now taxinomore. I wonder if that email address is available?

2 comments:

Rachsticle said...

I love you mom!

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

I love you too, mom! You could spend your extra time with Vivster at the office? OR painting pottery at Color Me Mine! Excellent idea!