Friday, May 29, 2009

I Can't Help Myself.


I just couldn’t help myself. I walked into Costco with the sole intent of buying dishwasher detergent tablets, pool chlorine, 3 oz. cups, and Soft Soap. There is something about the air in Costco . It must be thinner because I start thinking fuzzily. My eyes glaze over and my willpower disappears. I was shocked when the bill at check out came to $320!!! Looking over my purchases I came home with the soap, the cups, the chlorine (that was $100), the detergent, pool shock, dog food, 2 blouses, and James Patterson New Book!!!!
At least I know I am not the only one with the problem. Bob went last week and bought dog food, cleaning supplies, cheese, chicken salad, 2 flats of raspberries, bratwurst, Advil, fish oil tablets, and a whole bunch of Kleenex. The past Wednesday he went to buy stuff for the office. He came back with chocolate caramel macadamia nuts, chocolate covered almonds, gummy bears, a box of lunch size chips packages, multigrain chips, vegetable chips, tortilla chips, peanuts, mixed nuts, Pepsi, Fuze drinks, cheese/cheese cracker sandwiches, and a 2-gallon container of animal crackers!!
This is why I don’t send Bob to the store. I ask for eggs; I get eggs, Oreos, lentil soup, sugar cookies, 3 kinds of bread and Vanilla Coke Zero. And cheese balls.
So much for the grocery budget this month.

No comments: