Wednesday, September 16, 2009

It's Only Fair


The Utah State Fair has finally arrived!! I look forward to it every year and try to go at least once and if I am lucky I go twice or thrice. It's been raining like crazy the last couple of days so we finally decided to brave it last night. It was about 8 pm when we got there, but because of the early rain, there was hardly anyone around. That meant we could get dinner and not have any trouble finding a place to sit. So, dinner is one of my favorite things about the fair. I eat food I never get any other time. This time, I got:

Philly Cheese steak from Moochies.

Then, we went to my favorite place: The Home Arts.

Then, We had to go see the famous Butter Cow, sculpted by my old Friend from Ohio, Debbie McPhie Brown. I must be attempted to be Emily Dickinson. All My Nouns are capitalized.

The real picture is in my phone, I just can't figure out how to get it out, so this is from the Utah Dairy Council's website -- it is last year's cow. This year features a cow in a tutu, Kathleen's personal favorite:

And finally, to top off a perfect evening!!



I just strolled along the midway, stumbling down memory lane, remembering the good times had by all. Maybe Saturday, I'll go see the pigs.

No comments: