Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Our New Neighbor

This past weekend, we were up in HV for just overnight and a day so we could listen to General Conference without any distractions. I always look forward to this time. When I am in SLC, there is always yard work, laundry, stuff like that to keep me away from the wonderful messages. I always tell myself I'll get back to them on the dvr, but I never do. Anyway, great conference, wonderful spirit, President Monson has stepped up so beautifully. He even sounds different, more prophetly.

Anyway, the really exciting thing is that we finally found the culprit for the bird doodoo on the garbage can and all the pellets full of mouse bones. And here he is (actually, this is from Google images, because the picture Bob took is too dark to see and his camera is in his office and he has clients in there). He is a great horned owl, growing to the huge size of 18" tall with a
wing span of 4 feet. His name is Stanton


Now the owl pellets are even more interesting. Owls don't seem to digest the bones of their prey (mice, small rodents, cats, skunks, and an occaisional bat). They just seem to collect them in their gut and then urp them up in a nice little ball of feathers and bones and stuff that I don't know what it is and am not going to ask. (for a picture of them, go to www.owlpellets.com/uploads/images/lb.jpg) You know, there are sites where you can buy them for $5.00+. Maybe I should collect them and make a small fortune. We seem to have an unending supply.

I wish he would move so my garbage can is not such a mess. I guess I'll have to move the can.

Welcome to the neighborhood, Stanton.

No comments: