Friday, April 11, 2008

Watch This Movie!!

My picture disappeared, but it is for the movie -- On clear day!!

This movie is so great. It is very funny, like only the Brits can be, but also very tender and poignant. I wonder if all Brits are as funny as these guys. Actually, they are supposed to be Scots. The main guy gets "made redundant" as loses his job at the shipyard in Glasgow. To over come his depression, he decides to swim the English Channel. It also helps him get over the loss of his son in a drowning accident many years before and reconcile with the son he still has. I laughed myself silly, and then cried and then went back and watched it all again. If you watch any BBC or PBS dramas, you'll recognize some of these actors and there is the Hobbit, Pippin.

2 comments:

Auntie Kate said...

That movie is on my list; I'll move it up now, thank you! I LOVE coming to your blog--I get a fix anytime of day. Keep it coming!
PS The local schools would be very interested in your pellets, I think. Don't all school children have to sort through them? I think we still have a skeleton James put together and glued on a sheet of paper from a pellet.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.