Friday, November 14, 2008

It's all Relative, Part II


I was on my way home from Park City yesterday (I had gone to Provo to file a complaint with the district court -- not my own personal complaint, but a malpractice filing for a client) when I decided to take a side trip through Provo Canyon and Heber and have lunch with Sarah. I knew I needed to get gas, but wanted to try to get to SLC and buy it at the Maverik on 2nd West and north Temple for 1.999 gallon.

When I pulled out of Park City, I had 22 miles to empty -- SLC is 26 miles from PC. Anyway, I thought I could make it and then chickened out at Parley's Summit and bought 5 dollars worth of gas. That's a whole whoppin' 2 gallons at $2.25 at the Sinclair Station. I was up to 53 miles to empty.
Anyway, its a good thing I got that gas because I realized that I had errands to run before the $1.99 and 9/10's gas (why do they do the 9/10th thing anyway?). I got the lawn mower shoved into the back of my car and drove up Main Street heading for Maverik. To my surprise, the Maverik at 13th So. and Main had gas for $1.959!! I bought just a little less than 20 gallons (since I bought 2 gallons in Parley's Summit and used one driving around) for $39.01!!! Does anyone remember when gas was this cheap? Cheap is a relative term.
p.s. this picture is a Chevron Sign from google. I haven't seen Chevron this cheap yet.

No comments: