Wednesday, November 5, 2008

God Bless America


After watching all the election coverage (that seemed to go on for a decade) and the historic election of Barack Obama, I believe, no, I know, the following is/is not true:

1. Barack Obama is not a terrorist
2. Barack Obama probably does say the pledge of allegience, salute the flag, pray, blah, blah blah. 3. He is not the devil or the anti-Christ and I am sure he is not the great satan that is discussed in the book of Revelations.
4. He is a natural born US citizen.
5. He is not a Muslim. He was not sworn into office with the Koran. That would have been some other person (in the US House of Representatives - who actually is a Muslim) and so what.
6. He is very liberal on issues that I am conservative or centrist about.

#6 is a perfectly legitimate reason to vote against someone. I am so glad the election is over no matter which way it went just because I was sooooo tired of the anti-Obama emails I kept getting. I checked out the first 2 or 3 on factcheck.org and snopes.com; but since they always turned up as false, or misleading, or doctored, etc. I just quit reading.

Now, while Senator Obama may not be my favorite president, I am also tired of people who say they are going to move to Canada. Please, go. The problem with these people is that they never go!!

America is the greatest country on earth!! My children probably think this is an outrageous claim, but it is true. I believe that God intended us to be great and good. America is bigger than one president. We will survive. We have survived other disastrous presidents. We lived through Jimmy Carter.

It will be OK.

No comments: