Sunday, October 26, 2008

It's all relative!


I'm no Einstein. So why is it that when I paid $2.89.9 per gallon for gas on Saturday, I felt like I did when I was paying only 38.9 (that's cents). That seemed like a ton of money in 1971, when I had to scrounge around on the floor of my Mom's car for enough change for 1 gallon -- because the gauge didn't work and I didn't know how much gas I really had. I was only able to come up with 35.9 cents, but the nice boy who pumped my gas (I must be old -- I remember when it was the norm to have an attendant fill your tank everywhere, not just Oregon) gave me the extra 3 cents worth. Like I said, I'm no Einstein, so I can't really tell you how much gas I got for the 3 cents I didn't have.
When I filled my tank yesterday, I only (?) cost $66.00. I am only filling it every two weeks and the last time I paid $77. Now Bob fills up every week for a cost of $67 (versus $88 at the highest), I fill up every other week for $66 now (versus $88 at the highest), and Kathleen fills up every 10 days (13 gallon tank) for $38 (instead of $47). This is saving me -----------. You do the math. The answer is: a bundle!!

No comments: