Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Perfection

Yesterday, I had what I felt like was a perfect day. I'm not sure anyone else would think so, but for some reason it just felt really good to me. Maybe it was because I did a little of what I had to do and a little of what I wanted to do, and got to bed before midnight.
1. I got up.
2. Worked on a quilt I am making for Robbie. It is kinda cool. It is made up of fabrics that remind me of Rob. It is a little off-square, but that reminds me of Rob, too.
3. Went to Weight Watchers with no loss, but I didn't gain either. Sometimes none is more.
4. Went to the office. Since it was a Federal holiday, there were no bills in the mail. It was cold there so I had to go home early before I froze to death.
5. Came home.
6. Fed the dogs, dragged up the garbage cans so Bob didn't have to. Didn't get any mail -- again a plus as there were no bills. The dishwasher was already emptied so I didn't have to do it.
7. Made a tasty dinner for my family -- baked chicken thighs & drumsticks and leftover mashed sweet potatoes and spaghetti squash. Oh, and the last of my zuchinni that I harvested this year. I had 7 plants and only about 6 squash.
8. Cleaned up the dishes, had scriptures and prayer, and it was only 8:15.
9. Since it was early, I got on the treadmill for 30 minutes, earning 3 extra weight watcher points. I was almost done with the current DVD -- Touching Evil from PBS (it is fabulous!) -- so I worked on quilting my quilt that I have set up in the basement. I am not very good. It would probably be better if I used an actual quilting needle and hand quilting thread.
10. It was only 9:15 so I made up a batch of chocolate chip cookie dough for Bob, Kathleen and to send to my nephew David who is in the MTC. I will bake them today.
11. I actually finished a book. I the final 3 chapters of "Yearning for the Living God" by Elder Busche. This is the first book I have finished in 6 months. I can't seem to concentrate.
12. Bob built a fire so I sat down in front of the TV and watched a little of the Phillys v Dodgers. Rob called and wanted me to pray for the Dodgers. I don't like the Dodgers, but since they hired Joe Torre after he was fired by the Yankees, I guess it is the least I can do. Actually, since the Yankees are out, I don't really care that much about baseball.
13. Soaked in a hot bathtub with lavendar bubble bath - my favorite sent.
14. Settled into bed and fast forwarded through Dancing with the Stars.
15. Lights out and asleep by 11:45.
My standards for perfection are pretty low. I'll mark this day on my calendar as the near-perfect day.

1 comment:

bigkathleen said...

I love you. I love reading what you write, and how you think, and how you make me laugh. Keep writing--and quilting! Love, Crick