Sunday, June 22, 2008

Cake Walk

I have found a new blog that I just love. It is my new favorite. Sorry Jones' and Porters. I still love yours. Every day, I check my email, Zions Bank to see how much money I don't have, log in my WW points (not so good these last few days/weeks), and then I check the blogs of the Jones girls, the Porter house, the less than optimistic Rob, and hopefully check Rachel's blog -- hopeful, because I keep thinking she will put something on it (zilch since Valentine's Day -- Perhaps her pictures from Disneyland will be posted, hint, hint.) Well now, this is where I go -- http://www.bakerella.blogspot.com/. It is so cool. She makes the cutest cakes you have ever seen. I am no baker, but I tried her Simple Sprite Cake and made it my own by turning the cake into cupcakes with pink icing. Here is what came of this experiment:



The cake uses an 8 oz. can of Sprite for the liquid with lots of eggs and oil, so don't expect health food. It is really tasty. I baked the cake for 15 minutes and that was not enough, so I baked for an additional 5. I think they would be more moist if I had only baked for 18 minutes total, but these lovely little pink confectionaries are still disappearing like hotcakes -- or cupcakes.

I found the blog by linking from somebody's link from one of the Jones girls or Amanda Porter. Thanks, friends. PS -- We had a great time tending Baby Dill Porter this week. It was so much fun.

No comments: