Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Things I Can't Live Without.


I was told that people were tired of seeing the scary Barnabas Collins of my last post and that it was time to post again. So here is a list of things I cannot live without:

1. Netflix. I don't know what I would do without it. I currently have a list of 326 items consisting of classics, foreign, PBS, old TV shows. Anything to make the treadmill more enjoyable. I think I would never exercise without Millennium or Bro. Cadfael. Thanks to my good Netflix friends -- Rachel, Emily, Gordon and the Lewis's so I can keep getting good ideas of what to watch.

2. The NY Times Crossword Puzzle online edition. Bob steals the crossword puzzle every day and then has the nerve to ask me to finish it for him when he gets stuck. With the NYT I can do a puzzle online and then toggle back & forth to wikipedia or google to look for answers when I need help. Not that I ever need much help.

3. Spoilerfix.com -- I love to see spoilers for my favorite shows -- Bones, Lost, The Closer. I check it everyday.

4. IMDB.com -- to the uninitiated that would be the Internet Movie Data Base. It has all answers to who is in what movie, etc. This is especially helpful when doing the NYT Crossword Puzzle online. Many times, Bob insists that a certain actor is in a particular movie, and since he thinks that I am a walking encyclopedia of movieness, I sometimes have to go look up something to prove him wrong. I am only the walking encyclopedia because of IMDB and sometimes Bob is right.

5. Weight Watchers -- With 50+ lbs gone, I must say that I couldn't do it without WW. It has been a lifesaver. My heel pain is gone, I am no longer short of breath, I don't pee everytime I laugh, cough, sneeze, etc. (I know, TMI). I am still a little frustrated at how tired I am but that may have something to do with not getting enough sleep or having MS. Who knows.

6. My DVR -- I love to be able to record all my favorite shows (Dancing with the Stars, Bones, Criminal Minds, and Say Yes to the Dress) and then watch them while lying in my bed. I recorded the General LDS Women's Conference on Saturday and have been able to watch it all propped up on my pillows -- my favorite way to attend church.

7. Fabric stores -- this is really the only type of shopping that I truly enjoy. When it comes to clothes, shoes, etc., I just shop online or at Fred Meyer?Smiths. But fabric -- that is another story. I love the feel of fabric; the joy that comes from coordinating designs for a quilt project; Just possessing it, I don't really even need to make anything.

If I have to give up any of these things, I'm not sure I will survive. Please don't ask.

1 comment:

bigkathleen said...

I love to read what you write! It helps me when I need a Rebby fix. Thank you for bumping Barnabus down a notch--his eyes were scaring me.