Monday, October 29, 2007

What is on My NetFlix Queue

My own Netflix choices are pretty eclectic, but when you consider the ones my kids have added, the list seems a schizophrenic (not in the accurate DSM-VI definition of mental illness, but in the cheesy horror story split-personality definition -- probably not pc, but I'm just saying. . .)

Movies we have at home:

1. Hetty Wainthrop, disc 2 (BBC Mystery) starring Patricia Routledge (she of "Keeping up Appearances" fame) and Dominic Monahan (Lost, Lord of the Rings -- Merry)

2. La Sylphide -- a ballet. Guess who put this one on the list.

3. Mockingbird Don't Sing -- added by Robbie, about a abused girl who has to learn to communicate.

4. The Muppet Show -- the original 70's version.

The Next 10 on the Queue:

1. Cadfael: The Potter's field (again BBC Mystery)
2. A Good Year -- Russell Crowe's latest critical flop.
3. Jean de Florette -- I have waited forever for this to finally show up.
4. Mississippi Burning
5. Ghosts of Missippi
6. Amistad -- are you seeing a trend here?
7. Millenium Season 2 (disc 3)
8. Millenium Season 3 (disc 4) these are a bonding moment for Robbie and I.
9. Longitude Part 1 -- Masterpiece Theatre
10. Dinner at 8.

I have 276 movies in my queue. I will be 100 years old before I ever get through them all.

2 comments:

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

I had to get rid of the flix when I got tivo. I couldn't justify $40 a month in lazy entertainment.

p.s. My queue kept getting to the max (500) so I had to keep editing it. I could never finish all those movies ever.

Anonymous said...

I'm not gonna lie, but the way you describe Mockingbird Don't Sing makes me sound really sick for wanting to watch it.