Saturday, November 10, 2007

A Day in the Life

My Normal, Exciting Saturday.

Today. This is just a rundown of a day in the life of Mom


8:00 am – woke up. I actually got to sleep in this morning.


8:15 am – went to grocery store so we could have stuff for breakfast


9:00 am – made French toast and sausage. I very rarely make breakfast, but Aunty Kate was here and I felt a need to have a Martha Stewart Moment.


10:00 am to 12:45 pm – Cleaned the laundry room with enormous help from Bob Sykes. This man is a cleaning, organizing machine.
I am one lucky woman.

1:00 pm – took Aunty Kate to the airport. We will miss her immensely.


1:30 pm - cleaned up the kitchen and planned the grocery list and weeks menus. We are going to have very boring meals.
3:00 pm – took a nap.
I need my nap.

6:00 pm – Went to Heidi Hanks wedding reception (I didn’t sleep from 3 to 6. I just don’t remember all the exciting stuff I did)


7:30 pm - Met Bob and the Fitts’ for dinner at Lambs. I haven’t been there since Christmas Eve.


9:00 pm - went to Bob’s office and gave the Fitts’ a tour.


10:00 pm – Went to the grocery store. Had to use the self-checkout, because it was late on Saturday night. I hate the self-checkout. It takes about 20 minutes to do 10 minutes worth of checking out.


11:00 pm – came home from the store, unloaded the groceries, put them away, switched the laundry from the dryer to the basket and from the washer to the dryer.


11:15 pm – found a wet spot in the hallway. Someone was not watching Daisy. While I was starting water to wash the towel I had used to sop up dog pee, I decided to wash the sheets in Sarah’s room since it had been a long time since anyone had slept in there. While I was moving around the bedding trying to get the sheets, I saw a HUGE yellow spot on the bedspread. Guess some dog had done something a long time ago and I had never found out about it. So started washing all the bedding. (Sarah actually slept there last night!!)


11:30 – realized that I still had to empty the dishwasher, load it, feed the dogs, and still put clean sheets on my bed.

Isn’t it great to be me? (ps -- another 3 lbs down!!)

1 comment:

Rachsticle said...

i cannot believe daisy peed on sarahs bed!!!!