Monday, November 19, 2007

DO NOT READ THIS BOOK

Just in: I remember now what else I was going to say about this book. I am so tired of subtle and not so subtle jabs at the war in Iraq, George Bush, etc. I don't really care what your opinion is. It had so little to do with the story, that it could just as well have been left out. It appears that this was added because it is a popular thing to do. Stop it. Same goes for TV shows.
Do not read this book. When we originally started the Scarpetta novels, Kay was strong, intelligent, witty, professional, etc. Where did you go? All we have left is a miserable, whiny, old, passive woman. There is no life to her any more. The book has so many characters that no one cares about. They are all unpleasant -- even the ones we used to know and love. This book is a continuation of the last one -- it is so unmemorable, I forgot the name. I couldn't remember what had happened in the last novel, so I spent most of my time confused. That she has so many odd story lines that kind of meet up at the end doesn't help. It's almost as if she said -- "oops, I'm out of paper, I better wrap this up." And what is the deal with Marino and where did he go? Don't waste your money. Borrow my book if you must read it. I've already wasted $17.61. If I ever read another Cornwell book, it'll be from the library though it bothers me that my tax dollars are used on this tripe!!

1 comment:

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

Really? Really? Well I am glad that I am on the list for it at the library. That makes me sad that it is crappy. I may reread the series from the beginning. Sad face.