Tuesday, November 27, 2007

How I can tell i have lost weight.

I don’t mean to bore you with continual blog entries about my weight-loss triumphs, but I just can’t help it. I feel so empowered by it all. I promise I will not do this every blog. Just today.
At my WW meeting, we talked about how we can tell we have weight loss success even if the scale did not exist. I have made my own list.


1. A couple of years ago, I bought a skirt and 2 sweaters in the wrong (definition: smaller) size. I couldn’t wear the sweaters. I could wear the skirt if I buttoned it over a smaller portion of my body that wasn’t my waist (definition: about 5" higher). Well, I can now button the skirt at my waist and I can wear the sweaters; I don’t like any of them. Go figure.

2. I can tie my shoes and cut my own toenails without having to reach to the side of me because there is less in the way. The true sign of a fat person is that one’s shoes are tied at the side and not in the center.

3. I can stand up to put on my socks in those teeny little changing stalls at the Salt Lake Temple.

4. I hate to say it (reference: Confessional 10/22/07), but I actually have a little more energy and feel like doing more. Actually, my plantar fasciatus pain is gone. A coincidence?

5. I look thinner.

I have lost a grand total of 21.8 lbs. Hurray for me.

1 comment:

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

YOU=AMAZING!!!! That is so awesome! It gives me inspiration!