Wednesday, January 9, 2008

A Christmas (belated) Update

Our Christmas Eve/Christmas Day was great!!

On Christmas Eve, we went to the Nutcracker for the 20th time! Some of us have gone more, because we wanted to see Kathleen twice. Kathleen has appeared in it a grand total of 28 times on stage over 4 years. This year she was a page. We went to our traditional after-Nutcracker dinner at Lamb’s and came out to a snow storm that looked like it was right out of The Shining.

We played Apples to Apples and opened a couple of presents. Rob, Bob and Sarah went to midnight services at St. Paul’s Episcopal Church and then dug a woman out of a snow bank. We had breakfast and then opened presents. We have never been in too much of a hurry to get out of bed on Christmas morning. We later went to a family-friendly National Treasure movie – which we loved, Emily Jones.

I also got a new camera for Christmas. Well actually, I got a new camera for Christmas but Bob’s canmera didn’t do what it needed and did stuff that I didn’t need so we swapped. This is the only picture I have taken.

1 comment:

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

I love your one and only picture. And I love seeing pictures of the Sykes kitchen, which I miss.