Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Huzzah!!


2 Posts in one day. However the glorious news I just recently heard can not be ignored.


Masterpiece Theatre, in all its wonder and genius, is going to air the complete works of JANE AUSTEN!!!!


There will be a new Persuasion (which is good because Rachel says that all the people in the old one are ugly), a new Mansfield Park (which is my least favorite especially the most recent one that was disgracefully modernly scandalous), a new Northanger Abbey (I'm not sure there was ever an old one), a new Sense & Sensibility (though Emma Thomson's is hard to beat), the Colin Firth Pride & Prejudice (though all those girls are really plain for being the most beautifuly girls in the county), and the Kate Beckinsale Emma (which is my personal favorite of Emma). Go ahead and diagram that sentence!


I will have my DVR set for January 13th.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll diagram that sentence!

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

I TOTALLY forgot to tell you this info about Masterpiece Theater! I read it in Entertainment Weekly and was so so excited. But I really liked the last Persuasion, especially the guy she ends up with aka the bad foreign guy in like every movie. And I totally season pass'd it on the tivo and am so so excited. And I tivo'd Jane Eyre and watched it again. And I loved it again. And I may have really loved Mansfield Park but i am excited for the new one.

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

p.s. They call Masterpiece Theater just Masterpiece now? What is that?