Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Give me some Credit


I'm on another rant. It must come from not having enought to eat. Anyway, now that Christmas is over and everyone has stopped sending me catalogs, I am getting overrun with credit card offers. I have just finished cleaning up my/Bob's home office and sorting junk mail to recycle (yes, I do recycle), bills to pay (ugh!!), stuff to file for taxes, etc., and the biggest pile of all it seems, the credit card offers. I collect them and then put them in the big shredding bin at RBSykes & Associates so no one will steal my identify. Not that they could get much with it. Anyway, in the last 31 days, I received 22 credit card offers -- some were specialty cards such as a Disney Visa or an NFL Master Card. No wonder America is in so much trouble financially. It is so easy to get credit and they only tell you in the ultra fine print that the 0% interest goes up to 29.8% interest if you are 10 minutes late paying your bill!! I know how easy it is to get in trouble with credit cards.

So I collect them and then shred. The shredders recycle the shreds so I don't feel quite so bad about all the trees being destroyed. I think that it almost bothers me more that I can't recycle the paper than it does that people are being lead down a path of financial ruin by these less than scrupulous credit card companies.
I'm done ranting now.

No comments: